Onsite- Offsite Combination Engagement Model
VSIL has a strong, proven client-vendor engagement model is the foundation for a successful offshore experience. Since each client has different requirements and expectations, it is important to plan in detail from the time of initiation of the project to its completion. This we can have better understanding or roles and responsibilities.
VSIL offers multiple engagement models to meet diverse needs of different global clients. The client has the freedom to choose any one of the generally accepted models below or a combination of them for different phases of project. We can work with you to customize a model to address your specific need.
This is the most beneficial model for an engagement. A small onsite component is deployed at the client's location for client interaction, project program management, scoping and design, and final implementation. At the same time a team is based in the development center. This team does the design, implementation, testing and deployment. In this kind of a model, the engagement is generally evolving and the project requirements are changing though fairly stable.
The virtualization lab (VM Lab) is an extension of the offshore-onsite blend model, except that it is deployed for long-term, consistent, annuity engagements. The VM Lab becomes an extension of the client's own development and Testing team, as well as has a dedicated team assigned for the duration of the engagement.
This engagement expects a mature environment, with stable requirements and defined delivery milestones. The entire team is based offshore. However, for knowledge acquisition and transfer from the client, a small team may be deployed onsite for a short duration.
- Individual projects with specific start date and end date
- Multiple projects, on-going assignments in a specific area, with long-term commitment and minimum resource commitment.
- Resources can be ramped up and down over and above minimum commitment at a short notice.
Offshore Dedicated Facility:
Offshore factory with dedicated and secure work space for specific customer.
Outsourcing is about partnership, about entrusting your business process. We believe this partnership should be flexible and adaptable - enabling your business to partner with us in ways that suit your business environment.
Some of the models we currently incorporate are:
- Traditional Outsourcing: In the traditional outsourcing an entire business process is moved offshore in order to leverage the expertise and cost benefits offered by the outsourcing partner. This model works well for routine, non-core business processes. The outsourcing company takes complete responsibility for carrying out the business process. The company makes quality measurements on process outcomes, but does not directly manage the process.
- Co-Managed Outsourcing: Co-managed outsourcing follows the traditional outsourcing model; the only difference is that a manager from the customer organization is located at the offshore centre. This approach provides an added level of confidence because of the presence of an experienced company manager, while it takes full advantage of the offshore partner's knowledge of local laws and culture.
- Joint Venture: In this engagement model, the customer organization and offshore supplier set up a joint venture entity that will predominantly service the customer's business. The offshore supplier brings the local expertise and service skills while the customer brings its knowledge of the existing business function while maintaining greater management control.
- Build-Operate-Transfer: "Build Operate Transfer" or "BOT" arrangements are being increasingly used in establishing offshore centers, particularly in India . Through this model, the outsourcing provider helps the client set up the contact centre from start to finish. The association covers establishment of the operation, acquisition of facilities and staff and extends to actually running the centre for a defined period. Once the centre and services are well established, management and ownership is transferred to the customer. This proven service transfer platform is designed to ensure process integrity and minimize inherent migration risks.
- Assisted Build out: The Assisted Build Out model works well for organizations that require assistance with specific processes associated with captive operations. Some of the processes include recruitment, training or quality initiatives.
- Reserved Capacity: The reserved capacity model, primarily meant for captive operations enables the purchase of enough outsourced capability, in terms of staff and infrastructure, to perform a certain amount of work. This capacity is kept in place, regardless of the workload. When this option is employed, the captive centre does not have to adjust staffing to meet workload demands - thus avoiding the expenses associated with constant staffing readjustments.
Companies around the world turn to VSIL as a strategic outsourcing partner for high-quality software development and support delivered at the lowest costs.
Today, offshore global outsourcing has gained widespread acceptance as a crucial aspect of business strategy. Enabled by the availability of highly-educated, technically-skilled and low-cost talent in India and other emerging economies, the GDS has achieved broad acceptance through its ability to deliver lower costs, higher quality, and productivity.
Offshore outsourcing is at the core of the Global Delivery Service, which refers to the philosophy of:
breaking pieces of work into logical components, and Distributing these components geo-locationally, to perform them where it creates the maximum value.
Over the years the software industry has seen many different development methodologies come and go with recurring themes of success and failure.
We have found the basic ingredients for success have remained the same:
- Keep users involved in the process
- Use and manage development resources wisely
- Keep team size as small as possible
- Build systems in small chunks
- Understand the problem before developing the solution
- Model before coding)
- Data Migration
- Data Warehousing
- Maintenance & Support
- New Product Design & Development